April 5, 2017
sipXcom General Availability Release 17.04 Summary
eZuce is pleased to announce the General Availability of sipXcom 17.04.
As with the previous two releases, we’re continuing to focus more on fixes and minor improvements in sipXcom as work continues on the next generation of code (see 17.04.docker and 17.08.docker branches). Unite Lite (the new User Portal) gains the ability to disable certain user functionality (this was also included in 16.12.1). The Admin portal also gets links to the sipXcom.org blog as well as links to the Wiki and Forums.
Also as always, thanks to the Dev & QA team at eZuce for their excellent work on this release. Also thanks to IANT for a large number of Yealink and a couple other fixes.
In all 35 issues (enhancements / fixes) are addressed for sipXcom in this beta release.
The next sipXcom release will be 17.08. We’re hoping to have at least an Alpha release of sipXcom running with some services ‘dockerized’.
sipXcom New Features:
- Unite Lite (new user Portal) Admin Control over User Features
- Unite Lite user control over Conference Bridge Entry / Exit tones
- Unite Lite user control over Conference Bridge Voice Announce of Entry / Exit
- Statistics collection for sipXproxy service (phase 1 of a multi-part project)
- Improvements to Yealink phone configurations (Thanks IANT!)
- REST API to create/modify a user/user group and set properties
- Improved backup speed by breaking apart backup and compression
- Improved CDR display in Unite Lite for users. Added duration and ability to select Time Zones.
- Full Release Notes with installation information are located here: http://wiki.sipxcom.org/display/sipXcom/sipXcom+17.04
Who Should Install?
This release is recommended for all 4.6 and later installations.
Please post to the sipXcom-users google group if you have questions.
Specific Issues Addressed
Specific issues can be located in the detailed release notes in the wiki at: http://wiki.sipxcom.org/display/sipXcom/sipXcom+17.04