Read the full release notes (http://wiki.sipxcom.org/display/sipXcom/sipXcom+18.04) before attempting this upgrade!
Backup your system before you upgrade!
eZuce is pleased to announce the General Availability of sipXcom 18.04.
Dev & QA teams at eZuce have been busy as usual. We put the next generation work on hold to tackle some performance related items for one of our large customers. The biggest change is related to Mongo. MongoDB has been upgraded to version 3.4. This has the advantage of running Mongo’s WiredTiger Storage Engine. This brings with it document level locking vs. the entire collection as in MongoDB version 2.6. Additionally database sizes will grow and shrink according to what data is stored in the database (vs. just growing forever).
In 18.04 you’ll also find some LDAP improvements, several new REST improvements and some performance tweaks.
Make sure you see Note #2 below regarding disk space and Note #3!
The ISO is not available yet, we’re having some issues with the newer version of MongoDB and getting it to install from ISO.
sipXcom New Features:
- MongoDB Version 3.4
- Download entire CDR reports
- Several REST API Improvements
- LDAP Username import manipulation – Strip, Append, Prepend
- LDAP Import Settings now per LDAP Server
- Proxy Statistics Manager enhancements to provide additional statistics
- Make EntityDB cache expiration configurable
- Mark SELinux as enforcing and add Management to Admin GUI
- Performance related change that re-routes SIP Subscription Traffic to bypass Registrar
- Performance option to disable Proxy DNS Lookups
- Full Release Notes with installation information are located here: 18.04 Full GA Release Notes
- Please note that the upgrade will take extra disk space. The MongoDB upgrade essentially makes a copy of the existing database and then re-mounts it. Please be prepared for this. A good way to judge the extra required space is to consider the size of your configuration backup.
- Pay special attention to full release notes for new upgrade instructions! You will break your server if you don’t!
Who Should Install?
This sipXcom 18.04. release is recommended for all 4.6 and later installations.
Please post to the sipXcom-users google group if you have questions.
Specific Issues Addressed
Specific issues for General Availability of sipXcom 18.04.can be located in the detailed release notes in the wiki at: http://wiki.sipxcom.org/display/sipXcom/sipXcom+18.04
More About the sipXcom Project:
From 2010 to 2015, sipXecs primary development contributions were provided by the development team at eZuce, Inc. The sipXcom open source communications project was established in January of 2015 from a fork in the sipXecs project by the development team at eZuce, Inc. With the creation of sipXcom, this team shifted its focus to contributing to the new project and no longer maintains sipXecs code nor participate in the SIPfoundry forums.
The experts who have helped to build sipXecs into the incredible product that it is will be found in the Google Groups firstname.lastname@example.org (https://groups.google.com/d/forum/sipxcom-users) and email@example.com (https://groups.google.com/d/forum/sipxcom-dev).